Sunday, August 3, 2008

11:00 AM USA / 4:00 PM London


Okay! Got my eyebrows waxed. I had to wait an hour and a half but did not care at all because they put me in a real live lounge and I got to sit in a massager chair and drink free water. The lady who did my waxing was deaf and (Kevin will not be happy) she asked me if the person who waxed me before had made a mistake.  I’m sure this is due to that fact that I was a little pluck happy last month and my eyebrows still have not recovered. After that lovely experience (and it was only 15£) I stood in line at South African Airways and got all checked in for my flight. She seemed to know exactly what was going on with me…where my luggage was, that I came from Chicago, everything. I feel so much better knowing that I have my boarding pass for my last flight and that Jess will be waiting for me on the other side. Now if I can only stop picking my zits.

After I got checked in I decided to eat. I bought milk (okay Collins, you can laugh), a banana, a sandwich, a kinder bar (yum) and a bag of “crisps” that look like Lays but are called……………….WALKERS! So of course I had to buy them.

By the way, the toilets have little buttons that you press to flush and they are imprinted with the words “wave on.” For some reason this makes me think of my sister Rachel…probably because it is somehow related to her infamous “Rock on!” which, as I recall, was also born in England.

Took first pictures of Buttons Cat in Heathrow. Hoping to have lots of pics of Buttons Cat before the trip is over with.

Not going to be doing anything exciting now for a while. I’m going to finish Lioness Rampant and then start on the NM bio.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll have to let me know if the milk in S. Africa tastes the same as the milk in England and America :)Miss ya!

Cousin Doug said...

So you spent your vacation obsessing over eyebrows and toilets. How is this different from home?