Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Winos!

So the wine tasting event was really great! The guy who talked us through everything seemed VERY knowledgeable about wine even though he prefaced one part by saying "anyone who likes the following wines probably lives in a trailer park." First of all, we were surprised that they had those here (I did a search on google for "Cape Town" "trailor parks" and only got 688 hits. Not very supportive stats.) and second of all, those were, of course, the wines I liked the best. They were also the most expensive (go figure). The ones we were supposed to like he kept saying had mint overtones and were really elegant. I thought those smelled like old mushrooms.

After the wine tasting (I was feeling FINE I tell you!) Jess and I walked over to a next door restaurant and had dessert and Irish Coffee (South African style). For dessert, Doug, we had FOUR different kinds of creme brulee. All very good...chocolate, lemon, mint, and the classic kind. YUMMY! I'm now getting ready to go to bed as it's up at 4:15 AM for me so I can go on Safari tomorrow!!! Pray for good weather for the lions!

Steenberg Vineyards

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sue! I am glad that you are have such a great time! I would love to see more pics when you get back. Maybe we can go to dinner when you get back. Love ya, kiddo. Mary Freeman

egyptianmummy said...

Have a great time on the safari!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures from that!

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, You bring me such joy. I am so glad you are having such a world class experience.
I love you.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Suzie, your pictures are amazing. Can't wait to hear about the safari.
Be safe....Sharon

Unknown said...

What a great trip, Suzanne! I visited the same places in 2000--we'll have to talk, librarian to librarian. (I also read CTBCountry on the trip over, of course:) Have a smashing time.
Becky White

Cousin Doug said...

FOUR kinds of creme brulee! Scandalous. I had M&M cheesecake in Stratford this year. Did I tell you about that?