Friday, August 15, 2008

Muizenberg and my last post!







Today is the day! This morning Jess and Conor and I drove to Muizenberg along the coast for a fabulous bohemian breakfast at Olympia Bakery in Kalk Bay. We had chocolate croissants, tea, meat and cheese croissants and Conor was given a cup of foam from the cappuccino machine to "eat" (play with). It was a fun little place full of humor and whimsy and it was right on the bay so we could smell the sea air and see the boats.

When we were finished eating, Jess humored me and ran me out to the penguin colony in Simonstown again so I could pick up a penguin for Collins since he is begging me to bring one home to him. Just kidding. I wanted to go out there again to get some shells for those Mooresville homeschoolers who are going to hear all about my trip in one of their programs. Sorry Collins!

On our way back the skies opened up and cried because I'm leaving, but they are all over it now and the sun is shining and I'm excited to start my journey back to the States. I was excited to see real rain in Africa though since we've had absolutely amazing weather this entire trip.

So, for those of you who have been avid readers, let's check your reading comprehension. Here is a little quiz on my trip. The answers are in the comments from my very first post:

1. Who dropped me off at the Indy Airport for my journey?
2. What service did I pay for in the London Airport?
3. Robben Island was a __________ before it was a prison. (Fill in the blank.)
4. What was the name of our tour guide on Robben Island?
5. What animal did we see on our ferry ride?
6. Where can you see two oceans at once?
7. What animal might sit on your head if you are bald?
8. Convert 150 Rand to dollars.
9. Convert 20 degrees Celsius to Farenheit.
10. What feature of Jessica and Suzanne did Fanie enjoy?
11. Who is Fanie anyway?
12. Where did Button Cat make an extended stay?
13. What is the oldest structure in South Africa?
14. What does Oom Samie Sa Winkle mean?
15. Who is Suzanne's favorite person in the entire southern hemisphere (if you answered the guy in the Indiana sweatshirt, you would be wrong).

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope the next time YOU go on vacation you write one too, so I can comment on your adventures!

Till then! Suzanne

PS: If you are interested in buying something from South Africa, try the Poly Nation site!

Muizenberg
Simonstown
Poly Nation

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for letting me enjoy your trip through this blog. What a cool trip!!

Pat

jenn said...

i'm super jealous sue. but at least i can live vicariously. thanks for the entertainment the last two weeks. have a safe trip home and e-mail me more pics.

jenn

egyptianmummy said...

Sue- Im sure you are sad to leave, and glad too. I will be glad to see you, and Button Cat- DOn't forget to pack him-oh yeah- he's your pillow! Is that an answer to one of the quiz questions? I really enjoyed reading your blog, too. I passed it on to many people, so they could live it too. See you Sunday!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. Now that its coming to an end I guess the only thing to look forward to is synchronized swimming and water polo at the Olympics. Bon return voyage. Be safe and I'll see you soon!

Love,
Collins

Cousin Doug said...

I like the Olympia Cafe signage. Glad you made it back. I apologize for the late comments.